What is LaSalle-Wrap?
LaSalle-Wrap provides youth and their families with intensive support in their homes, school and community by following the Canadian High-Fidelity Wraparound process. Staff meet with youth and families at times and locations that suit them, and put emphasis on safety and support. Individualized plans are created with the people youth trust to help them meet their prioritized wants and needs. Staying true to the mottos “Nothing about us without us” and “Never give up”, staff coach youth to take control of their lives in a positive way and integrate (or re-integrate) themselves in their community. Activities with each youth and family vary, but are goal-driven and typically include safety, basic needs, health, recreation, family support, crisis prevention, educational and vocational work, emotional support, and advocacy.
What do we do?
- We support youth in achieving their goals for change
- We listen to the youth’s voice and choice to help them access services meant for them
- We work toward creating a positive environment where everyone works together to provide integrated support for the youth
- We connect youth and their family to existing or new community initiatives and supports
- We build partnerships to meet the needs that emerge from youth and families involved
How do we work?
- Privately and confidentially with each youth
- With the voluntary consent and knowledge of the youth
- According to the youth’s preferences
Facilitators use the Canadian High-Fidelity Wraparound process. They work directly with the youth and their family, building on youth’s strengths. Integral to the project is the Wraparound team-based planning process, which facilitates youth’s access and participation in activities they choose, with people they trust. With support, youth will build the skills and confidence required to withstand pressures to become involved in delinquent activity. They will remain in the project for as long as they need to.
LaSalle-Wrap staff are experienced in youth work and well-trained to implement Wraparound. They have received:
- Certified Wraparound Facilitator Training from Wrap Canada
- Coaching for Facilitators and Supervisors from Wrap Canada
- Additional training in Suicide Intervention, Non-violent Crisis Intervention, Motivational Interviewing, Mediation, etc. from recognized agencies and professionals
What are the objectives of the project?
- Reduce the key risk factors of isolation, stress and negative rushes that make youth vulnerable to engaging in delinquent activities.
- Increase protective factors including self-reliance, resiliency, life and pro-social skills by engaging youth in constructive behaviors with family, school and community.
- Increase and share knowledge of intervention strategies that prevent youth at risk from engaging in delinquent activities.
Who do we work with?
- Youth aged 12-24
- Anyone who has the youth’s best interests at heart
- LaSalle-Wrap serves youths across a continuum of needs, but specializes in working with those who are at highest risk: involved in the justice system, in out-of-home placements, involved in the child welfare system, with behavioural needs, or with school challenges.
How do I refer a youth?
By referring a youth into the project, you will be giving the youth the opportunity to work with professionals in the community, in all facets of life, who will strengthen and support the youth to make positive changes. This project is voluntary.
Contact the project coordinator Véronique Kéna-Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (514) 217-3765 to discuss the referral. Should the youth seem to fit the project’s target population, you will be sent a referral to complete. Note: A referral does not guarantee acceptance into the project. All information will be kept confidential.